Baby Lane proudly supporting SIDS and Kids Charity
SIDS & Kids is dedicated to the reduction of infant and child mortality as well as the provision of bereavement services for all those affected by the sudden, unexpected death of a child from 20 weeks gestation up to six years of age. With each three month hire, Baby Lane will donate $5 on your behalf, and $ 5 from Baby Lane for every 3 month order.
Please visit SIDS and Kids website to aid the support
Safe Sleeping “extract from Sids and Kids Website”
SIDS and Kids Safe Sleeping is an evidence based health promotion campaign developed for health professionals, childcare workers, new and expectant mothers, parents and anyone who cares for babies and infants. The campaign has been developed in conjunction with researchers from Australasia and internationally and provides information about the evidence around sudden infant death syndrome risk reduction (SIDS) and fatal sleeping accidents. Since it’s inception in the early 1990’s, the campaign has reduced the incidence of SIDS by 85% saving over 6500 babies lives. Vigilance is still required in delivering our Safe Sleeping message to the broad community as sadly the cause of sudden infant death syndrome remains unknown with more research into the cause still needed.
- Sleep baby on the back from birth, not on the tummy or side.
- Sleep baby with face uncovered (no doonas, pillows, lambs wool, bumpers or soft toys)
- Avoid exposing babies to tobacco smoke before birth and after.
- Provide a safe sleeping environment (safe cot, safe mattress, safe bedding).
- Sleep baby in their own safe sleeping environment next to the parent’s bed for the first six to twelve months of life.